What, you might ask, has kept me entertained during these one and-a-half to two hour intervals each night? Well. Let me tell you what I've been accomplishing while the rest of you have been sleeping soundly:
- Rearranging all shoes according to type and frequency of being worn
- Packing away all summer sandals and shoes in light of impending snow
- Lining up winter boots according to height
- Gathering all scarves, hats, and mittens in one cute box
- Looking for econo-size static guard that I require during winter
- Taking inventory of coats (I need a decent navy)
- Clearing out accumulated junk under my bed
- Online Christmas shopping
- Online Christmas wishlist making
- Planning possible Christmas activities
- Eating one red apple
- Organizing all CD's according to genre AND color
- Dusting entire room - - no allergens for me, thank you!
- Cleaning bathroom sink
- Re-folding sheets and towels that were stacked haphazardly in closet
- Obliterating drawer of junk in console table
- Gathering DVD's back to bookshelf and coordinating each correct disc with correct case
- Resetting pre-programmed stations on stereo
- Setting all clocks to same time EXACTLY
- Deleting embarassing songs from itunes library (I'm looking at you, Spice Girls)
- Creating verb-based playlists (ie - Driving Fast, Running in Rain, Dancing in Car, etc.)
- Doing one load of dark laundry
- Finishing two books
- Catching up on many, many blogs
- Lots of wikipedia-ing
- Drawing floorplans for library I someday want in my house
- Updating list of what I want to read, hear, and watch
- Throwing out past-expiration prescriptions
- Getting rid of makeup that was a bad idea to begin with
- Taking super long shower
- Doing excellent conditioning treatment on hair. Twice. (Redken All-Soft Heavy Cream)
- Using exfoliating mask and renewing cucumber eye-things
- Moisturizing like a fiend
- Beginning to straighten hair, and then going to sleep halfway through
Things that I haven't been doing but really should:
- Sleeping
- Studying
It seems that my priorities and self-discipline need to be reconciled at some point...
Note: The hair thing was interesting, I had to finish in the morning, of course.
2 comments:
You get more done in one night of my sleeping than I get done in a week- or really ever because I never do any of that stuff.
Holy cow Lani!!! I wish that I couldn't sleep at night. I would be much more productive. I'll leave a key undernath my door mat in case you run out of stuff to organize at your house in the middle of the night :)
Post a Comment