I received a call this morning from one of the secretary's in my ward asking if I could make it to church a few minutes earlier than usual and quickly meet with one the bishopric counselors. Although I was hoping for a little explanation of my current calling (activities committee member), I was instead surprised with a new calling: Sunday School teacher. Yikes.
I've definitely been wary of past callings I've received, but I was a million times for comfortable with the idea of being a counselor in Relief Society or ward music-whatever than I am with this. So, kids, I am definitely going to be needing some advice. The thought of standing in front of strangers and teaching ANYTHING makes me a little sick. Maybe there will be some good/humorous stories to come out of this experience in this ward; although if there is some cosmic joke that dictates I lose my skirt again in front of any ward members, I may just apostatize.
Also - I am going to be speaking in sacrament meeting next Sunday and would appreciate any good recommendation on books/talks about forgiveness. Seriously folks, any help would be appreciated!
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
this one is obvious but i absolutely LOVED the Miracle of Forgiveness. I own it if you need it. SO GOOD!
I think you'll be a great teacher, and very entertaining. Even with all your clothing on. Teaching callings are intimidating but you grow so much from them. Good luck!
I think you'll be a great teacher, and very entertaining. Even with all your clothing on. Teaching callings are intimidating but you grow so much from them. Good luck!
Post a Comment