Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"I feel really warm around you, and my tongue swells up..."

... and that's pretty much how I am feeling right now. In a good way, though. I actually just heard this line while watching the movie "Elf" with my roommate. I know it's a special breed of cheesy, but I've been thinking recently that I need to be more diligent in vocalizing the things that I am appreciative of and express thanks to people in my life.

I'll give you a moment to catch your breath and dry your tears. That was, after all, the most emotion I've put out in the world for a while.

It just so happens that this sentiment seems to fall right in line with the Thanksgiving holiday, making it very convenient for me to be just another one of the crowd of seasonal thanks-givers. Nonetheless, I'm going to make the effort. A 10-day countdown to Thanksgiving day seems appropriate. I'll have to start on that tomorrow though, because I am definitely feeling grateful for a warm bed and the joy that is the heated mattress pad.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Yay for Elf! And yay for you if I must add.