So. I was not disappointed with the BYU-Utah game on Saturday. It was a good game with a satisfactory amount of drama that probably did bad things to my heart. I love very few things in this world more than I love BYU football and a competitive fourth quarter. Go Cougars.
I've been thinking a lot lately about the "perfect moments" in life. I don't remember when, but my dad coined the phrase/thought/philosophy that we are occasionally caught in the perfect moment and that it's beneficial if not important to pay pointed attention to situation or circumstance. Someone (my parents I'm sure) began taking note of perfect moments as we were together and the idea has been with me for a number of years. I mostly remember being conscious of pieces of perfection while enjoying time spent with family or friends, seeing beatiful places, or even the sense of contentment that accompanies a good book or nice walk.
Although it lends itself to scientific process more than I like to admit, I've been trying to remember and pay attention to the role I play in creating the perfect moment; my actions or attitude that may make it easier for me to enjoy a brief interlude of calm in everyday life. I haven't come to a satisfactory conclusion, but have certainly enjoyed taking the time to consider it. It's probably just the impending end-of-semester rush and mental preparation for a new year but what a great opportunity to look at old pictures stored on the computer, review great books read and music listened to, and think about all of the new stuff that we've learned in the past weeks and months. I don't know that any of these things will make me appreciate the good things in life any more than usual, but at least they help to remind me of perfect moments that I've been lucky enough to enjoy.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment