I was tagged weeks ago and have been slow in my response. It's really hard to think of 7 interesting facts about yourself! Be warned, I'm playing it fast and loose with the word interesting...
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I am a habitual driver.
When I need a little space, or time to think, or am even just bored I will always want to go on a drive. There’s something about being in constant motion and seeing a lot at once that is really relaxing to me. However, it can quickly become a time-consuming (not to mention expensive) habit; the last time I took off I ended up 90 miles from home. I generally forget that I eventually need to turn around and start heading back to wherever I’m coming from.
2. I would rather be hot than cold.
Seriously, there is very little in the world that makes me more agitated than being cold. Winter is one long ordeal to me and I don’t handle it like a trooper. If I had my way, I would "winter" in Florida and keep a heated blanket near me at all times. My theory is this: if you get too hot, you can always just sit for a minute and your temperature will balance. BUT – once you are cold you will stay cold until you manage to find a thermal sleeping bag or are cool with running in place while at school or work. Plus, cold hurts. Honestly, I feel bad for the people I am around all day because I complain constantly about the stupid snow and stupid ice and stupid wind and why can’t global warming start working like NOW because I am tired of being so damn cold all of the time.
3. I don’t talk on the phone without pacing.
I so dislike being on the phone that I usually take a walk to keep my body occupied while I chat. If I am indoors and it’s too cold or late to go outside I will literally walk back and forth in a straight line until I’m off the phone, at which point I am totally fine with sitting. People (who may find it maddening) have pointed this out to me on numerous occasions. So, if I seem distracted while talking with you on the phone please realize that I’m probably playing GPS in my head and thinking of a new route to take between my bed and closet door. Apologies.
4. I have a weird phobia about fish.
It’s not the actual creature that bothers me so much, but the fact that they reside in the same body of water all of the time. For example, I hate looking at the average-sized fish bowl because it grosses me out to think that anything will spend the better part of its life just swimming in it. I am most bothered by bowls/tanks that don’t have any lid or are open on top. Why is this, you ask? It is because I know that at some point when I am walking by it, the fishy will jump or splash or something and the water from that open container will end up in my mouth and I would rather be dead than have that happen, thank you very much.
5. I sleep with one of these at night:

I grind and clench my teeth so hard when I sleep that I have torn the ligaments in my jaw a few times as well as woken myself from the sound. So, I've had a sleeping mouth-guard thing since I was in junior high. I always feel like I'm playing dress up with werewolf or vampire teeth when I get ready for bed at night.
6. I am the most claustrophobic person you know.
It takes practically nothing for me to feel super-confined. I dress in layers so that I can ditch something easily and can’t stand the thought of socks (this may contribute to my temperature issues.) I never wear bracelets or rings and rarely wear necklaces. Turtlenecks need not apply. If it isn’t a flat or pump, I don’t want it near my feet. If there is too much clutter around I have a hard time focusing. I can’t sleep until I’ve washed any makeup off because my face feels like it’s suffocating otherwise. These neuroses are all on top of the obvious fact that I don’t like being in tight spaces with too many people. So, if I ever duck out while we’re somewhere that is too densely populated, don’t worry – I’ll be right back. I’m probably just out with my head between my knees, counting to ten, and searching for my normalcy.
7. I am just learning to ski.
Even though I spent almost all of my childhood in Utah, I haven’t had an active interest in skiing until this past year. I (read: my Dad) signed me up for a half-day lesson last winter in hopes that I could at least stop myself from crashing into other human beings on the mountain. On my first run down the big-kid hill, I had to have him literally pull me up from the ground at least four times. I think that that first run was the longest consecutive stream of profanity that I have ever heard in my life, and it came straight from my mouth. I’ve improved both my language and balance since then.
8. I was expelled from the seminary program twice in high school.
Not because I was rebellious, mind you, but because I couldn’t be bothered with consistently showing up. After many warning letters from the secretary to my home (and none-too-pleased parents) I would go through the process of getting my name back on the rolls and would then complete enough make-up work to pass. I don’t think I ever received lower than an A- grade in four years. The final irony was that I was asked to say a few words at the graduation ceremony during my last year; I have no idea what I said that didn’t get me sent straightaway to hell right then and there.
So there you have it. Some of the obscure I do so love. Get ready, because I tag:
Melissa, Sara, Sarah, Ashley, Kaylene, Tara, and whoever else would like to play!
PS - The last fact was just for fun - I consider myself a fraud in the church educational system. Sadly, my only teenage defiance...
1 comment:
Yay!! I'm so happy right now. I must say my favorite is that you are afraid of fish. I totally feel the same way about birds. And most shocking award goes to being Ms. Naughty Seminary girl :) Thanks for posting. I loved reading all of it :)
Post a Comment