
Although I didn't really accomplish much this weekend, it felt pretty non-stop. After a super long week of work and studying for the real estate license exam, I picked up a ticket and went to the Smashing Pumpkins concert. I can now cross one thing off of my "to-do before I die" list. I have sort of been in love with the Pumpkins since 1996, at which time I was a really awesome 9 year old. The show was well done and I enjoyed hearing my all-time favorites live for the first time as well as some new stuff that I am not as familiar with. I went with a couple of guys who were in my ward last year and am glad that they care about Billy Corgan as much as I do - it made the experience all the more enjoyable. I must have overestimated my energy level after the concert because I went to a friend's house and promptly fell asleep ten minutes into a movie. Not so much hard core.
Saturday began with the onset of freezing fall/winter temperatures and lots of rain, not much of a motivator to get out of bed. After peeling myself away from my heated mattress pad (the best money I've ever spent), I studied and attempted to do a few things around the house before heading to the mall with my roommates. Unfortunately, I haven't really been in the shopping mode lately so there wasn't much that caught my attention. I have high hopes that the upcoming winter will force me indoors and subsequently force me to 'shop harder' if only out of boredom.
Saturday began with the onset of freezing fall/winter temperatures and lots of rain, not much of a motivator to get out of bed. After peeling myself away from my heated mattress pad (the best money I've ever spent), I studied and attempted to do a few things around the house before heading to the mall with my roommates. Unfortunately, I haven't really been in the shopping mode lately so there wasn't much that caught my attention. I have high hopes that the upcoming winter will force me indoors and subsequently force me to 'shop harder' if only out of boredom.
I later went up to my parents house in Salt Lake to both watch the BYU football game (Go Cougs!) and celebrate Michael's 15th birthday. I suffered a little bit of shock when I realized that Mikey is a freshman this year! I can't believe how old everyone is getting. I don't feel like I've grown up much so it surprises me when other people do. Anyway, it was a good time and was only improved by a win over New Mexico 31-24.
I drove up to Logan to attend my best friend from high school's baby blessing on Sunday. It was fun to drive with her siblings and catch up a little bit with what everyone is doing these days; I must have spent at least half of my life between eighth and twelfth grade at their house, with their whole family being like a second to me. I was so happy to finally meet baby Madison, who I think is just an extra-small adult. Granted she was sleeping for the majority of the time I was around her but still... I'm probably right. She couldn't have picked a better time to be born, either. The drive through the canyons on the way was spectacular - the leaves are just at a perfect point of being vibrantly red and orange. My desire to pick up and take off for New England was somewhat satiated by the drive - good news for my schedule and checking account, I suppose. I'll have to post some pictures once I get around to downloading them from my camera. I think that pictures of a fun weekend may be the saving grace of this upcoming week. I am afraid that I am catching a cold and also have two major tests for school - boo !
I drove up to Logan to attend my best friend from high school's baby blessing on Sunday. It was fun to drive with her siblings and catch up a little bit with what everyone is doing these days; I must have spent at least half of my life between eighth and twelfth grade at their house, with their whole family being like a second to me. I was so happy to finally meet baby Madison, who I think is just an extra-small adult. Granted she was sleeping for the majority of the time I was around her but still... I'm probably right. She couldn't have picked a better time to be born, either. The drive through the canyons on the way was spectacular - the leaves are just at a perfect point of being vibrantly red and orange. My desire to pick up and take off for New England was somewhat satiated by the drive - good news for my schedule and checking account, I suppose. I'll have to post some pictures once I get around to downloading them from my camera. I think that pictures of a fun weekend may be the saving grace of this upcoming week. I am afraid that I am catching a cold and also have two major tests for school - boo !

1 comment:
Don't catch a cold!! It'll be all my fault! Drink nothing but Lemon tea and orange juice. And stay on your heated mattress pad as long as you can. The end.
Post a Comment