Now that the month of December is nearly over, I’ve taken some time to consider the various aspects of Christmas celebration. The fact of the matter is this: I have a love/hate relationship with some parts of the month. Let’s examine, shall we?
I saw “It’s a Wonderful Life” performed by the Odyssey Dance Theater. I love the world!
In the modern version of Frank Capra’s classic tale, Pottersville features old Mrs. Bailey as a casino worker and Violet is spotlighted as a pole dancer. I hate the world.
There is Christmas music playing at all times. It is cheery and I find it acceptable to sing along in public for the month, I love the world!
FM100 plays a majority of the music heard throughout the state, and a majority of the non-stop playlists feature Amy Grant’s “Breath of Heaven,” Michael Bolton’s “Christmas Shoes,” and anything by Kenny G. I hate the world.
The Festival of Trees comes to town! There are teddy bear trees, there are BYU trees, there are many twinkling lights in a giant room, I love the world!
There are gingerbread houses made in the likeness of the “Twilight” books and University of Utah Christmas trees. I hate the world. So much.
I love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! What a great month, they are everywhere singing everything! There are devotionals, concerts, recordings going on all of the time and my Mom is a superstar! I love the world!
Brian Stokes Mitchell thinks he is the superstar of the Christmas concert. He’s not, my Mom is. I hate the world and Brian Stokes Mitchell.
I love baking; holiday treats in particular are my favorite. Stores sell pretty colored candies, chocolate is dirt cheap, seasonal sales abound. I love the world!
After anonymously leaving cookies for an older couple, I remember that are diabetic. I really hate myself, and the world too.
Christmas means there is snow in Utah. Snow is pretty and makes it feel more like Christmas than just another global-warming-affected December. I love the world!
Christmas means there is snow in Utah. Snow makes is feel like a frozen tundra and makes it impossible to drive to my beloved Las Vegas bowl featuring my beloved Cougars. I HATE THE WORLD.
Christmas is in less than a week and I couldn’t be more thrilled. I love the world.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I felt like I was riding along the emotional roller coaster of winter will you! Well put lady.
Lani-girl, You are so funny! and I agree with most of what you say. :) Merry Christmas!!
Okay Lani,,, you forgot a few things. Donny Osmond's version of "Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year", Faith Hill's overplayed "Where are you Christmas?", or anything by Clay Atkin.
We hate world. But we still love Christmas.
Egg nog cheers. You rock--
wow. I was looking for some cheap entertainment, but all I got was bored. Lani, you are boring. I'm gonna go stumble across the interweb now.
Wesley,
Go eat rocks!
Your sister,
Lani
Lani's blog always makes me giggle. I love the world. Merry Christmas!
Lani. You are such a dear.
The kind of dear we so desperately need in Manhattan.
Where you at, girl?
didn't we talk about this???? i think Sarah even threatened you with violence if she had to see this post again. hurry and blog already. its not like you have been busy moving or working. come on!
Lani, you need to blog more because I think you are hilarious......
Post a Comment