Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Some Kind of Wonderful

I don’t think it’s a very Christian sentiment, but the highlight of my weekend was watching BYU football give UCLA an absolute thrashing. I mean, 59-0 is the best possibility you could even imagine in terms of improving national rank (which was a wash last week, even though we beat Washington fairly. But whatever. I’m not bitter or anything.) If it weren’t for the fact that we needed to redeem ourselves after a lucky win at the Vegas Bowl last year, I would have considered the win almost embarrassingly easy. Somehow, though, scoring three touchdowns in something like 6 minutes made it pretty easy to quickly shelf any sympathy for the Bruins.

In retrospect, it might have been a case of overkill but I already used my Christmas wish this year – all I wanted was a complete shutout. And so help me, it came true. This is my testimonial of Christmas wishes; I’m going to need all of you to make a similar wish for the U of U game come November…

The only, only, ONLY downside of the game was that I arrived without my best friend SPF 80. Which led to these unfortunate photos of an undocumented person being taken on Sunday. Whoever she is, she must feel pretty stupid. And hot. And burn-y. But you know, that’s pure conjecture.

2 comments:

Torrey said...

LOL. Oh Lani! I love that picture of that girl with the black bar over her eyes...whoever she may be :) Glad you had fun at the game... sorry about the aftermath. I heart V-necks this week!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

HAHAHA you are so funny friend. I love that picture! So about your e-mail I would love to play with you, I'm not completely sure what is happening that weekend so we will have to check it out but i will write you an e-mail with more info.